Spicy Mexican Fajitas with Purple Radish
Spicy Mexican Fajita with Radish Microgreens
This Mexican inspired chicken dish is a simple throw together meal to warm you on a cold night. A taste of chilli, lime and zesty purple radish will tantalise your taste buds into wanting more.
⁃500g thinly sliced chicken thighs (deboned)
⁃2 x capsicum
⁃1 x zucchini
⁃1 x onion
⁃large handful of purple radish microgreens
– lime juice
⁃8 medium sized tortilla wraps
⁃1 tbs cornflour
⁃1 tbs chili flakes
⁃1 tsp salt
⁃1 tsp paprika
⁃1 tsp white sugar
⁃1/2 tsp onion powder
⁃1/2 tsp garlic powder
⁃1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
⁃1/2 tsp ground cumin
1. Mix all the Spicy Rub ingredients together in a large bowl until well combined.
2. Add the thinly sliced chicken to the same bowl and mix well to coat. Set aside.
3. Cut the onion, zucchini and capsicum into thin slices.
4. Heat 2 tbs of oil in a heavy bottom pan till hot, add the spicy rub coated chicken to the pan in batches and sizzle for a few minutes until the chicken is browned, but not fully cooked.
5. Return all chicken to the pan and add the onion, zucchini and capsicum and stir to mix. Cook for a few minutes until the chicken has fully cooked.
6. Microwave the wraps for approx 40 seconds, until warmed through.
7. Assemble your fajitas by spreading some avocado on the wrap in a line down the middle, then put on some of the chicken and vegetable mix. Top with the purple radish, a squeeze of lime, add lettuce and wrap up to serve.